Azini Capital was established by Michael Bennett and Nick Habgood who worked together between 2000 and 2006 building and managing a £120 million venture portfolio for a corporate investor. It was during this period that the relationships with Lexington Partners and Greenpark Capital (now StepStone) were formed.
- Raised Azini 3 –$100 million third fund focusing on direct secondary opportunities.
- Acquired 19% interest in AIM listed Kalibrate Technologies (KLBT).
- Completed the successful sale of OB10 to Tungsten Corporation plc.
- Completed sale of US portfolio company Centerbeam to Nasdaq listed Earthlink Inc.
- Completed the sale of Mobixell Networks.
- Completed the sale of Starhome BV.
- Successful sale of interest in Frontier Silicon Limited to Toumaz Limited (AIM: TMZ).
- Completed the successful sale of Investis Ltd.
- Successful sale of Digital Fuel Technologies to VMware.
- BlueArc acquired by Hitachi Data Systems Corp.
- Completed the acquisition of OneSpin Solutions from Apax Partners and Infineon AG
- Completed the sales of Portrait Software and Focus Solutions from Azini 1.
- Completed the acquisition of a portfolio of 16 companies from Apax Partners with $100 million of backing from Lexington Partners.
- Completed the sale of Streamserve from Azini 2.
- Heads down, working with the existing portfolio companies.
- Starting working on Project Berkeley – the acquisition of the Apax Partners’ technology portfolio - which was finally closed in October 2010.
- Completed the acquisition of two individual public (AIM listed) companies.
- Acquired the Lynx Capital Ventures fund and General Partner from J P Morgan.
- Moved to Farm Street, near Berkeley Square in London.
- Azini Capital’s founders put themselves into business with a view to developing Azini Capital as an independent firm specialising in direct secondary transactions.
- Completed the first acquisition of a small portfolio of private and public companies from publicly listed property company CLS Holdings plc. with the backing of Lexington Partners and Greenpark Capital (now StepStone).
- Opened first office in Kingston upon Thames – no windows or natural light.
- Founded Azini Capital Partners LLP.
- Secured FSA authorisation